How to Reapply for Pan Card
The PAN card plays a very important role in all our lives. People don’t just apply for a license the moment they turn 18; they also apply for a PAN. Do you know the most important part where the PAN takes a role? It is with your finances. But, quite often, we misplace these small documents – never intentionally.
Ever thought, what to do if you somehow lose your PAN card? If not, don’t worry. In this article, will come to your rescue. Let’s find out how to reapply for a PAN card in case we lose one.
How to Get a PAN Card After it Has Been Lost?
A permanent Account Number (PAN Card) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number provided to Indian citizens by the Income Tax Department. Aside from functioning as a legal piece of identity evidence, the PAN Card is required for any monetary transactions, sales, purchases, applying for Visa, and many other things. As a result, losing or having one’s PAN Card stolen would be a frustrating experience. Individuals in such situations can apply for a duplicate PAN either online or offline.
If a person wants to request a duplicate PAN card, they should follow the processes outlined below.
Step 1: If a person’s PAN card is lost or stolen, they must immediately file a complaint with the nearest police station and obtain an acknowledgment or complaint copy of the FIR. Making a police complaint and obtaining a copy of the PAN Card would ensure that the PAN Card was not used fraudulently by anyone. It will also protect you from being identified as the perpetrator.
Step 2: The individual must then go to the nearest PAN or Protean eGov Technologies Ltd TIN Facilitation Centre and request the contact person for form 49A. To submit the form, the individual should provide a request letter addressed to the IT Department, one passport-size colored photo, identity evidence, address proof, and a copy of the FIR.
Step 3: Following that, the applicant must carefully fill out the form since any mistakes or incorrect information will result in the form being canceled. The individual must next put a passport-sized photo of themselves in the upper right-hand corner of the form and sign it.
Step 4: After completing the application, submit it to the PAN/Protean eGov Technologies Limited office with a DD or Check for payment and the aforementioned papers. On the top of the envelope, write ‘Application for PAN change request.’
How to Do This Offline?
- Print the pan application.
- Fill out the application with BLOCK letters and Blank Ink.
- For reference, mention your 10-digit PAN.
- If you are an individual applicant, two passport-sized photographs must be attached and carefully cross-signed. While signing, the face should not be obscured.
- Then, fill out the form with all of the required information and sign the appropriate boxes.
- The application must be submitted to the NSDL facilitation center together with payment, proof of identification, proof of address, and proof of PAN. Upon payment, a printed acknowledgment form with a 15-digit number is generated.
- The facilitation center will subsequently forward your application to the Income-tax PAN services unit for review.
- Using the 15-digit acknowledgment number generated, you can verify the status of your duplicate PAN card.
- After the department receives the application, the duplicate PAN card will be sent out within two weeks.
How to Request a New PAN for the Existing One?
The Tax Information Network, a division of the Income Tax Department, receives several cases of lost PANs on a regular basis, and it has overhauled the entire procedure to speed things up by encouraging online information interchange. People who have lost their PAN or need a PAN card for their existing pan card number can visit the TIN-Protean eGov Technologies Limited or UTIITSL official website and browse the Lost PAN/request for a new PAN area.
They must next complete a lost pan card application form, including information such as their lost pan card number, name, date of birth, father’s name, residence, contact information, and the relevant ID documents.
If all of the information on the lost pan card application form is correct and complete, the Income Tax Department will issue a duplicate PAN card. Both Indian residents and foreigners can use this service to obtain a duplicate PAN card if they have misplaced their original.
Those who want to apply manually can do so by downloading the lost pan card application form from the official website, filling it out, and sending it to the nearest TIN Facilitation cum PAN center. These facilities can be found in practically every town and city across the country.
Lost Your PAN – Keep This in Mind
Losing something important might be stressful, but losing a PAN should not be a problem if you keep the following points in mind.
- Be calm – The most important thing to remember after losing a card is to keep your cool.
- Utilize the facilities – It is important to remember that suitable mechanisms are in place to deal with such circumstances.
- Accurate information – Any inaccuracies in the information provided while filling out the form will be reflected in the replacement card. In order to process the information, the missing pan card number must be correct.
- Keep it tidy – Make sure the lost pan card application form has no overlaps and is readable and easy to understand.
Do you know the first thing that you need to be doing when you misplace or lose your PAN or any other documents? It would be to breathe in and out and never panic. Because there are always ways you can apply for them or find them again. This article is one way to do so.